| Molly Sez
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Today Molly asked me, “Daddy, why do you call me ‘Molly’?”

“I can’t really say. Don’t you like that name?”

“Is ‘Molly’ a good name?” She countered.

“Sure. Yes. I think ‘Molly’ is a good name.”

“It’s just that, at the dog park there’s Puffin, and Lola, and Parker, Yukon, Mr. D, and two Bens. There’s even a ‘Holly’. But there are no other Molly’s." She looked thoughtful, "At the shelter they called me ‘Maya’, and my best friend was Flower. Are those good names?”

“Sure. Those are fine names. But I don’t really see you as ‘Maya’.”

“I don’t seem ‘Maya’?”

“When I met you, I thought you looked like ‘Molly’, and I still do. Don’t you think the name ‘Molly’ suits you?”

“It suits me. I just wanted to make sure it was a good name.”

“It’s the perfect name for you.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post  |  Home  |  Newer Post
 
;