| Molly Sez
Thursday, February 4, 2021
“Bad, Molly!” I wagged my finger at her, “Bad!”

“I’m so sorry, daddy.” She whimpered.

I’m coming to realize that Molly is a dig-a-holic. I went outside this morning and discovered that she had completely unearthed the strawberries. 

“Why Molly? Why do you do this? We’ve talked about digging over and over again.”

“It’s…” sniff, “it’s just… I thought I smelled something, so I gave it a little paw. Just a little paw. Then I scratched it a bit, and this time I was sure I smelled something.” Her head was down, and her shoulders slouched. “I dug a bit more, and I thought I’d found it, but it wasn’t there, so I dug a bit more, then more, and before I knew it the soil was just flying. The more I dug, the more I needed to dig. Finally, I hit rock bottom. I’m so sorry about the strawberries. I like strawberries.” She was really crying now.

“It’s OK. It’s OK. The strawberries will be fine. It’s OK. I know you can’t control it. We’ll get you some help.” I petted her and lifted up her chin. “We’ll get you some help.”

Perhaps she’ll grow out of it. Perhaps I am just enabling her, turning her into a lifelong dirt addict. I wish I knew what to do. Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post  |  Home  |  Newer Post
 
;